Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Tuesday

Jim picked me up at noon and we went to Jasmine Thai for his birthday lunch. I had pad Thai, which I had forgotten I liked so much, and it was good. I picked up the tab, of course, then we went to my place and chatted for an hour or so.  He left about 4:00 and I started a stir-fry for dinner. I varied it a bit by adding tomatoes (fresh), shaved onions, and the sauce Suzanne had given me. It turned out pretty good, actually.

While it was simmering, the doorbell rang and it was Vickie. She came to ask when I had been missing the Ventura Star and we compared notes. Yes, she and I hadn't gotten it on three days. We're probably the only two people in the apartment complex--or in the universe--who subscribe to the rag, anyway. I asked her to sit down and we talked for fifteen or so. She still having a dreadful time with Mary's condition and is distraught over the facility she's in. Also, she had some kind of treatment for the breast cancer (to keep it at bay, I hope) and has had a difficult reaction. To top it off, her work, which she says has tripled, has been difficult for her to complete. She said she just hopes she can hold out until June, when she'll be 65 and get social security.

I've been writing condolence letters to my sister-in-law and niece.  Will also write a note to Dana, my niece, Carolyn's, husband, on the loss of his mother. Julie called--she's back from two weeks in Mali--and will pick me up at 9:00 today for the Beach Cities Neighbors and Newcomers meeting, with lunch after. LaVonne texted me to remind me of our breakfast date tomorrow at 10; then at 2:00, I go to the oral surgeon--AAGH! But also, YAY! For what? Because I just got this, sent electronically:    

Your Latest Results

April 25, 2022

MAMMO, screening, tomosynthesis, bilateral
The results of your recent tests are within normal limits. We look forward to seeing you at your next appointment.


No comments:

Post a Comment