Friday, May 6, 2022

Thursday

Walked down Victoria to IHOP to meet LaVonne for breakfast at 10:00. I had an omelet with hash browns and good grief, although it was two hours after my usual breakfast time, it was so big I could eat only half.  I asked for a container (reheat an omelet--why not?) and put it in the handy nylon bag I keep in my purse. LaVonne and I then walked to Power Storage, where her granddaughter is manager. I met Dominique, a very nice young woman, and we chatted a bit, then walked on. Got the bus and LaVonne went on into town, while I got off near my stop--but darn, I didn't have my bag; I must have left it somewhere, but no great loss.

Got home, showered, dressed, and walked to the oral surgeon's office. This is near the Hill Street Cafe, which LaVonne and I will try for lunch next time. I was there early and was taken early; the upshot is that I'll have the extraction on May 25. That means I can go to my cousin's in San Diego on the fifteenth--I'll call her today.

From there, I bused to town to a small shop LaVonne had mentioned and bought some nice small potatoes and fresh eggs. Home and stopped at Vickie's to say hello. We talked for a bit and she asked if I wanted a pretty kind of wood arch with purple flowers in it. Sure, and I took it home. We had again failed to get the paper and right now, at 5:56 am, I went out to check and no, it ain't there. I'm beginning to wonder if I should just give up and cancel the print edition. 

I had just put the potatoes and some onions in the oven when Suzanne came over. She had emailed me an article on Sisters in Sea Isle and it's a wonderful overview. Maybe a certain fellow-blogger I know would like to see it, too:

https://seaislenews.com/spotlight-history-nuns-beach/

I've been trying to think of the nun's retreat house in another shore town, that's very well known. I just can't remember the name of the town; will have to ask somebody. But wait--it's Spring Lake. I can't recall whether it was the Mercies or another order--maybe the diocese, I'll look it up.


No comments:

Post a Comment